Whether it’s time to buy or refinance, we’ve got you covered — with a variety of options to choose from.
- Competitive Rates
- Local Processing
- Quick Decisions
- Competitively low mortgage rates for home purchase, refinance, or construction
- Available for primary residence, second homes, or non-owner occupied properties
- Save money up front with zero point mortgages
- Flexible terms customized to your unique situation, including different down payment options such as Family Gift, First Time Home Buyer Grants, and more. Learn more here.
- A wide range of financing programs available, including:
- Fixed rate mortgages
- Adjustable rate mortgages (ARMs)
- First Time Homebuyer specials
- Construction loans
- And more!
- Helpful loan advisors with working knowledge of the local real estate market
- Refinance your current home to potentially lower your rate
- Local NEPA decision-making and processing
- Attentive, friendly service from start to finish
Fixed Rate Mortgages
Make balancing your budget easier. Keep your interest rate and payments the same throughout the life of the loan with a fixed rate mortgage from Citizens Savings Bank. We offer up to 30-year terms to fit your financing needs.
Adjustable Rate Mortgages (ARMs)
Our adjustable rate mortgages (ARMs) offer one, three, and five year adjustment periods with terms up to 30 years. Your monthly payment may increase if the interest rate rises, or decrease if the interest rate falls. Your loan will be subject to rules that limit the amount of these increases or decreases.
- Maximum rate change per adjustment period = 2%
- Maximum rate change over life of loan = 5%
- Adjustable Rate Mortgage (ARM) Index = one year Treasury Margin + 2.75%
- Adjustment periods:
- 1/1 ARM – fixed rate for one year; adjustable rate every year thereafter
- 3/1 ARM – fixed rate for three years; adjustable rate every year thereafter
- 5/1 ARM – fixed rate for five years; adjustable rate every year thereafter
Non-Owner Occupied Mortgage Loans
We offer financing for the purchase or refinance of one to four-family, non-owner occupied residential properties. Fixed or adjustable-rate options are available. The maximum term is 20 years, with a maximum loan-to-value of 67%.
First Time Homebuyer Programs
Citizens Savings Bank participates in several First Time Home Buyer programs, including the First Front Door Program (FFDP) provided by the Federal Home Loan Bank. The FFDP meets the needs of low-income, first time homebuyers by offering down payment and closing cost assistance.
- First Front Door Program (Federal Home Loan Bank)
- The City of Scranton’s First Time Homebuyer Program
- Lackawanna County’s First Time Homebuyer Program
- Monroe County’s First Time Homebuyer Program
More information about the First Front Door Program can be found here.
Find financial relief. We know circumstances in your life can change. What was once a doable budget can become unbearable. We’ll help you find financial relief any way we can, from lower payments, to renegotiated rates. Make your home more than a monthly expense — talk to one of our lending experts to find the financing plan that works for you.
- Flexible terms tailored to fit your budget
- Lower monthly principal and interest payments
- Moving from adjustable to fixed rate
- Lower interest rate
- Using home equity to consolidate debt or pay for home improvements
Find the Right Time to Refinance
There are many factors to consider when deciding to refinance. You should review your existing interest rate, the current interest rates available, closing costs, and how long you plan to stay in your home. Contact one of our lending experts to see if now is the time for you to refinance.
Have questions about financing your first home? Check out our frequently asked questions for answers to common questions, information about how service members can save, and more.
*Mortgages are subject to credit approval and can be modified or discontinued at any time. A minimum of 5% down payment is required, loans with less than 20% down require private mortgage insurance. Payments do not include amounts for taxes and homeowners insurance premiums and actual payment obligation will be greater. Other rates and terms available and are subject to change without notice.